Skip to main content

Nerd Christmas Came Early This Year!

When I was applying at ThinkGeek, and especially when I got called in for an interview, I did my research. I checked out the company history, looked at their competition in the market, and while familiarizing myself with their inventory found out they were having a big online sale! Being the good little nerd that I am, and being married to the awesome nerd that I am, we naturally ended up picking a couple things out and deciding that we were getting each other our Christmas presents early. We ordered everything Sunday night. My husband had to go out of town for business Tuesday so I was home getting overexcited about the delivery. I even stayed home all day Thursday because I didn't want to miss the delivery. Then, I realized everything was scheduled to be delivered Friday. OOPS! So, I stayed home all day Friday, too, because I was far too dang excited to possibly miss the delivery and have to go to the office on Saturday to pick it up. Let it be know that when UPS says something will be delivered "by end of day" you may have a nail-biter on your hands. Just before six PM I heard a big truck in the parking lot and, like a little kid waiting for Santa, I took a peak to see his sleigh.... I mean the UPS truck! Several seconds later there was a knock on my door and when I opened it up there it was! A beautiful brown box with my name on it from ThinkGeek! It was all I could do to wait until husband got home to open it. It was worth the wait!
That's a Wesley Crusher Ensign hoody, Flux Capacitor Key Chain, Lego Christmas Wreath (sorry- Build on Brick Christmas Wreath), and a Planets Glass Set. The Wreath is super cute. It's just under a foot across and you can use other Legos (*ahem* Build on Bricks) to make little ornaments for it. You have to put it together yourself, which was very intuitive. Some of the bricks don't fit together as firmly as you would like, but I'm willing to donate a little glue to the project to make sure it stays together. The bricks that hold the green wreath pieces in place also double as keyhole style hangers so it'll be easy to hang up on the wall when it's time to decorate.
The Glasses are AMAZING and look great on top of our shelves. And, oh yes, they kept Pluto.
And, we ended up with bonus nerd swag! Somehow we got a toddler Star Wars shirt. We have no toddler, but we do have a medium size dog who is okay with me dressing him up sometimes. (He's a rescue and I think it old owners used to dress him up. He sits patiently while I put his shirts on and wags his tail as he runs around in them.) For the record 4T is a little big on him, I bet he could rock a 3T easily.
It says V is for Vader. This was our first time ordering from ThinkGeek and everything came in perfect condition. The box or planet glasses was dented to the point of having a hole in it, but the glasses were packaged very well and none were scratched or cracked. Everything was delivered exactly when they were estimated to arrive. All in all a good experience. Plus it was all on sale and we ended up with free shipping!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, a Fat Nerd steps onto a scale...

I done did it, y'all. I got my scale out this morning. I can't say that I'm surprised, but I can say that I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Two hundred and freaking forty six pounds. It was a bit of a gut punch. I'm not happy. I know that I have lost weight since our move. I can see it in the mirror. I can tell by the way my clothes fit. But, as it stands this morning I have an official number. 246 Gross. Have I been heavier? Yes. Earlier this year. Have I (as an adult) been lighter? Yes... also earlier this year. Was I heavier when I got my ass in gear a few months ago? Yes. Can I do better? Also, yes. Am I going to be better? HELL YES!!! It's easy to pick a start date that is "later." You screw up on your new diet on Wednesday and decide to start over on Monday, or the first of the month, or the first of the year. Well, guess what? The first of the year is tomorrow. I'm not giving myself "one last night&

Offically Looking into 2018

The new year is fast approaching and I, like most of the world, am looking for what is to come and looking back one what has been accomplished. When I look back at 2017 all in all I am happy with what was accomplished. -- I went from a job that I really liked that didn't pay the bills to a job that I love that does pay the bills. WIN -- I've lost 22.4 pounds while just half assing my efforts. WIN -- I've helped my husband get off his pre-diabetes medication and lose over 40 pounds. WIN -- I won NaNoWriMo 2017 and wrote over 50,000 words in November. WIN -- I am truly happy with where I see my future going. WIN I did not lose the 50 pounds I wanted to. I did not finish my novel. I did not make my 1000 purposeful miles. I did not get close to any of these goals that I shared on December 31, 2016. But I feel like I did achieve goal number 1 on that list. Goal number 1 was Happiness. I feel like I did that. I am happy. I feel at ease. I feel content. I feel a

Luna's Fund- Gratitude and Humility

I've already mentioned how the Hogwarts Running Club got me out and running again. The club's main focus is charitable fundraising through running. Every year there are six virtual races of varying distances and there are special medals for each race. When you register for a race, you're paying for your medal, but mostly contributing to the charity that the race is supporting. Right now we are doing the Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody Constant Vigilance 5k in support of Limbs for Life . I think the HRC website explains the connection between Mad-Eye and Limbs for life the best: "Moody never let his injuries stop him. Moody fought in both the First and Second Wizarding Wars and captured many dark witches and wizards, but at a cost. He lost a leg, an eye and part of his nose in carrying out his duties as an Auror for the Ministry of Magic. It is in this spirit, we are thrilled to announce that proceeds from this event will go to support the Limbs for Life Fou