Skip to main content

The Baby Plague

I have no kids and am not around kids very much right now. Don't get me wrong. I love kids. I'm one of those people that doesn't mind changing diapers because I love babies and I think everything they do is cute. Two weeks ago I went to my bro and sis-in-law's house. They have a one year old who I am very found of. She's walking now and very independent so she's not much for being held or snuggling. However, she had an uber baby cold that night and wanted snuggles and cuddles and stories while we were there. I was more than happy to oblige and held her most of the night. That was on Sunday night. Monday I started feeling a little blah and fell asleep watching X-Men with my husband. I went to bed Monday night, slept all day Tuesday (was awake for many an hour grand total), slept most of Wednesday, and took a nap on Thursday. Friday I was finally feeling better. Saturday night some friends had a house warming party, and since my husband had to work I was the Team Nerd rep for the night. Due to still feeling a bit blah from my niece's baby plague I went for a couple hours and had to abstain from holding the itty-bitty babies that were there because they were far too little to be exposed to the grossness. They were seriously tiny. You can count their ages in months on one hand! AND it was the first time I got to meet them both, too. It killed me not to be able to kidnapp them from tiny baby cuddles for the night. However, plague niece was there and I did play with her. (Her mom is a pediatric nurse and was fine with me playing with her knowing that I was getting over the plague she gave me.) All this is to say that I haven't done squat in the working on the not being fat front for two weeks. I haven't indulged in anything ridiculous, but I haven't had the energy to even go out walking right now. Even with Texas finally getting the "Dude it's autumn" memo. Logically I know that after a lifetime of lazy two weeks of health recouping isn't going to ruin me, but it's still frustrating. I was getting a good rhythm going when I got struck down. The baby plague ain't no joke, y'all. Don't even get my started on the snot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, a Fat Nerd steps onto a scale...

I done did it, y'all. I got my scale out this morning. I can't say that I'm surprised, but I can say that I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Two hundred and freaking forty six pounds. It was a bit of a gut punch. I'm not happy. I know that I have lost weight since our move. I can see it in the mirror. I can tell by the way my clothes fit. But, as it stands this morning I have an official number. 246 Gross. Have I been heavier? Yes. Earlier this year. Have I (as an adult) been lighter? Yes... also earlier this year. Was I heavier when I got my ass in gear a few months ago? Yes. Can I do better? Also, yes. Am I going to be better? HELL YES!!! It's easy to pick a start date that is "later." You screw up on your new diet on Wednesday and decide to start over on Monday, or the first of the month, or the first of the year. Well, guess what? The first of the year is tomorrow. I'm not giving myself "one last night...

Apple Cider Vinegar- Week 1

I did not go into this ACV experiment looking for a miracle drink. I was hoping for something to help me on my journey. There's not a big difference to report, but it's only been one week. I've also gotten my butt in gear in other aspects so I can't give ACV the sole credit for what I've found, but it very well may be part of it. Here's this week's break down. The routine: 1Tbs ACV, 1 Tbs lemon juice, generous squirt of honey and 12 oz water drunk twice daily. It's the first thing I drink when I wake up and I drink a second glass right after dinner. 1- Weight loss of one pound. That's more than I've managed to drop in a single week for a month now, so that's good. 2- Noticeable reduction of mucus. I'm that nerdy Daniel Jackson type who is always sneezing and blowing my nose.... not this week! I've had these types of results with lemon juice before so I'm 99% sure this is due to the drink. 3- Noticeable lack of craving...

Blogtober #1: All About Me

Blogtober #1 I’m going to give this Blogtober thing a chance. I’ve never done anything like this, but- as I stated in my last post- I’m trying to get a new routine going. Part of what I want to do is write more consistently, so Blogtober is a great place to start! This is a challenge issued by Mandi Morrison over at hexmumblog.com . She has compiled a list of topics, one for each day of October, and the point is to blog every day using the topic as a prompt. Day One: All About Me I always feel like there’s not a whole lot to say on this topic. I don’t really know why, but I always get uncomfortable when people want me to talk about me. I know that sounds counter-intuitive when I’m here writing a blog about myself, but the anonymity of the internet helps. I can think of two people in my real life that even know this blog exists. One I know for sure doesn’t read it and one I’m not sure. For some reason knowing that people I know may read this makes it harder for me to write ...