Skip to main content

Apple Cider Vinegar- Week 1

I did not go into this ACV experiment looking for a miracle drink. I was hoping for something to help me on my journey. There's not a big difference to report, but it's only been one week. I've also gotten my butt in gear in other aspects so I can't give ACV the sole credit for what I've found, but it very well may be part of it. Here's this week's break down.

The routine: 1Tbs ACV, 1 Tbs lemon juice, generous squirt of honey and 12 oz water drunk twice daily. It's the first thing I drink when I wake up and I drink a second glass right after dinner.

1- Weight loss of one pound. That's more than I've managed to drop in a single week for a month now, so that's good.
2- Noticeable reduction of mucus. I'm that nerdy Daniel Jackson type who is always sneezing and blowing my nose.... not this week! I've had these types of results with lemon juice before so I'm 99% sure this is due to the drink.
3- Noticeable lack of cravings. I've got no idea how this one works, but I have not had any cravings at all this week. Usually on my once a week cheat day I grab a frozen pizza and that's my food or the day. I look forward to pizza day all week. Yesterday was cheat day and the only thing I really cheated with was I had wine with dinner. I even tried to convince myself I wanted pizza or something else as unhealthy. It was grocery store day.... the pizza was right there, as were cookies, donuts, dumplings..... None of it appealed to me. I don't know why, but I'll take it!
4- I'm sleeping better. Again, no idea how or why, but it is what it is. I fall asleep more easily and sleep through the night. Usually it takes me forever to fall asleep and I wake up several times.
5- (sorry in advance) Poop. Maybe this is part of the 'detox' benefits, or digestion, or witchcraft.... but there is more frequent movement in the bowel region. I've started taking a spoonfull of chia seed before bed, but I know that kind of poop, ACV is a different kind.
6- My nails are prettier. My nails appear clearer, stronger, and my cuticles are softer.
7- (sorry in advance again) *ahem* Personal freshness. Not going into too much detail, I've noticed a positive difference. Just saying.

As I said in my first ACV post, I'm not a doctor and I have no medical training. These are just my personal observations. And so far, I'm liking what I'm feeling and seeing. I'm going to continue and will check in next week to let you know how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, a Fat Nerd steps onto a scale...

I done did it, y'all. I got my scale out this morning. I can't say that I'm surprised, but I can say that I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Two hundred and freaking forty six pounds. It was a bit of a gut punch. I'm not happy. I know that I have lost weight since our move. I can see it in the mirror. I can tell by the way my clothes fit. But, as it stands this morning I have an official number. 246 Gross. Have I been heavier? Yes. Earlier this year. Have I (as an adult) been lighter? Yes... also earlier this year. Was I heavier when I got my ass in gear a few months ago? Yes. Can I do better? Also, yes. Am I going to be better? HELL YES!!! It's easy to pick a start date that is "later." You screw up on your new diet on Wednesday and decide to start over on Monday, or the first of the month, or the first of the year. Well, guess what? The first of the year is tomorrow. I'm not giving myself "one last night...

Blogtober #1: All About Me

Blogtober #1 I’m going to give this Blogtober thing a chance. I’ve never done anything like this, but- as I stated in my last post- I’m trying to get a new routine going. Part of what I want to do is write more consistently, so Blogtober is a great place to start! This is a challenge issued by Mandi Morrison over at hexmumblog.com . She has compiled a list of topics, one for each day of October, and the point is to blog every day using the topic as a prompt. Day One: All About Me I always feel like there’s not a whole lot to say on this topic. I don’t really know why, but I always get uncomfortable when people want me to talk about me. I know that sounds counter-intuitive when I’m here writing a blog about myself, but the anonymity of the internet helps. I can think of two people in my real life that even know this blog exists. One I know for sure doesn’t read it and one I’m not sure. For some reason knowing that people I know may read this makes it harder for me to write ...