Skip to main content

Upping the fuel

I’ve hit a new milestone in my working out: I’m not eating enough.

My usual regime used to be protein shake in the morning, protein bar for lunch, then a dinner. Now that I’ve added weights to my workouts I’m starving by the time I get home for dinner and am making bad food choices.

February is the first month I gained weight when I weighted in at the end of the month. I blame bad food choices and lax commitment.

I’m keeping up with my workouts but am adding more fuel to my lunches. For this week my food regime will be: protein shake for breakfast, lunch of roasted broccoli and brussels sprouts, with mashed sweet potatoes, and a banana, and dinner will be bean tacos, or a salad, or a sandwich on whole grain bread.

I’m not letting this backslide stop me or slow me down. These things happen and the only way to move forward is to move forward.

I’ve got my meal prep done. I’ve got my workout schedule in my planner. I’ve got determination and drive.

Let’s do this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, a Fat Nerd steps onto a scale...

I done did it, y'all. I got my scale out this morning. I can't say that I'm surprised, but I can say that I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Two hundred and freaking forty six pounds. It was a bit of a gut punch. I'm not happy. I know that I have lost weight since our move. I can see it in the mirror. I can tell by the way my clothes fit. But, as it stands this morning I have an official number. 246 Gross. Have I been heavier? Yes. Earlier this year. Have I (as an adult) been lighter? Yes... also earlier this year. Was I heavier when I got my ass in gear a few months ago? Yes. Can I do better? Also, yes. Am I going to be better? HELL YES!!! It's easy to pick a start date that is "later." You screw up on your new diet on Wednesday and decide to start over on Monday, or the first of the month, or the first of the year. Well, guess what? The first of the year is tomorrow. I'm not giving myself "one last night...

Apple Cider Vinegar- Week 1

I did not go into this ACV experiment looking for a miracle drink. I was hoping for something to help me on my journey. There's not a big difference to report, but it's only been one week. I've also gotten my butt in gear in other aspects so I can't give ACV the sole credit for what I've found, but it very well may be part of it. Here's this week's break down. The routine: 1Tbs ACV, 1 Tbs lemon juice, generous squirt of honey and 12 oz water drunk twice daily. It's the first thing I drink when I wake up and I drink a second glass right after dinner. 1- Weight loss of one pound. That's more than I've managed to drop in a single week for a month now, so that's good. 2- Noticeable reduction of mucus. I'm that nerdy Daniel Jackson type who is always sneezing and blowing my nose.... not this week! I've had these types of results with lemon juice before so I'm 99% sure this is due to the drink. 3- Noticeable lack of craving...

Kickboxing Class Number 1 Review

Last night was my first kickboxing class at my local ilovekickboxing.com studio. My legs hurt today in all the best ways. I adored class and you better believe I signed up for a one-year membership before I left the studio. The one downside is the price of membership and how the company tends to keep it under wraps for the most part. When I sighed up for their internet special (5 Classes for $19.99 plus a pair of boxing gloves) I started scouting their website to check membership pricing. They are up front about the “After your first class we’ll show you how to save $100 on membership!”- so you know after class it’s time for the hard sell, but it’s not advertised on their website what you’re saving $100 on. I did some digging and googling and found the structure of membership. Being armed with that info when I went in and having time to discuss the membership costs with my husband beforehand, I was comfortable with the hard sell approach and there was no sticker shock. Here’...