Skip to main content

So, a Fat Nerd steps onto a scale...

I done did it, y'all. I got my scale out this morning. I can't say that I'm surprised, but I can say that I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Two hundred and freaking forty six pounds. It was a bit of a gut punch. I'm not happy. I know that I have lost weight since our move. I can see it in the mirror. I can tell by the way my clothes fit. But, as it stands this morning I have an official number.

246

Gross.

Have I been heavier? Yes. Earlier this year.

Have I (as an adult) been lighter? Yes... also earlier this year.

Was I heavier when I got my ass in gear a few months ago? Yes.

Can I do better? Also, yes.

Am I going to be better?

HELL YES!!!

It's easy to pick a start date that is "later." You screw up on your new diet on Wednesday and decide to start over on Monday, or the first of the month, or the first of the year.

Well, guess what? The first of the year is tomorrow. I'm not giving myself "one last night" of crazy. I'm giving myself a happy celebration (solo as my husband is at work and I'm not a party person anyway), and starting tomorrow. And if I get off track I'll start again tomorrow. And if I have a bad day, I'll give it a new go tomorrow. When things go great, I'll keep it up tomorrow.

These are my goals for 2017:
Happiness (both for myself and bringing it to everyone I meet)
1000 purposeful exercise miles (walking and running)
Drop 50 pounds (more would be awesome)
Finish my novel (please, please, please?)

How am I going to go about achieving these goals? By starting over tomorrow. Always tomorrow. Not Monday. Not the first of the month. Tomorrow.

Anne style.

Happy New Year, y'all. Hope your tomorrow is awesome. And if not, there is always tomorrow.

And tomorrow.

And tomorrow.




Comments

  1. I love your goals!! Happy 2017! We got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I just saw your comment. Thank you so much for stopping by. 2017 will be OURS!!!

      Delete
  2. Great goals...very similar to mine. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw that you were so kind to stop and comment. Best of luck with your 2017 goals, girl!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Cider Vinegar- Week 1

I did not go into this ACV experiment looking for a miracle drink. I was hoping for something to help me on my journey. There's not a big difference to report, but it's only been one week. I've also gotten my butt in gear in other aspects so I can't give ACV the sole credit for what I've found, but it very well may be part of it. Here's this week's break down. The routine: 1Tbs ACV, 1 Tbs lemon juice, generous squirt of honey and 12 oz water drunk twice daily. It's the first thing I drink when I wake up and I drink a second glass right after dinner. 1- Weight loss of one pound. That's more than I've managed to drop in a single week for a month now, so that's good. 2- Noticeable reduction of mucus. I'm that nerdy Daniel Jackson type who is always sneezing and blowing my nose.... not this week! I've had these types of results with lemon juice before so I'm 99% sure this is due to the drink. 3- Noticeable lack of craving...

Blogtober #1: All About Me

Blogtober #1 I’m going to give this Blogtober thing a chance. I’ve never done anything like this, but- as I stated in my last post- I’m trying to get a new routine going. Part of what I want to do is write more consistently, so Blogtober is a great place to start! This is a challenge issued by Mandi Morrison over at hexmumblog.com . She has compiled a list of topics, one for each day of October, and the point is to blog every day using the topic as a prompt. Day One: All About Me I always feel like there’s not a whole lot to say on this topic. I don’t really know why, but I always get uncomfortable when people want me to talk about me. I know that sounds counter-intuitive when I’m here writing a blog about myself, but the anonymity of the internet helps. I can think of two people in my real life that even know this blog exists. One I know for sure doesn’t read it and one I’m not sure. For some reason knowing that people I know may read this makes it harder for me to write ...