Skip to main content

Stuck standing next to the Wagon

So I'm still in a funk. It's strange. Nothing bad is happening. I don't have any problems holding me back. My relationship with my husband is solid. My dog's medial treatments are going well. The bills are paid. We have no problem meeting our needs. I love my job.

I'm just.... blah. I go to work, have fun there, come home talk with my husband, have dinner, play with the dog and go to bed. Or on days off I do the laundry, catch up on TV, play with the dog, surf the net.

Oh. And think about how I should be out running.

There's always that.

I think and talk a good game but can't get my ass up off the couch to do it. The weather is nice. There's a great walking/running trail near my home. I have the time.

Not the motivation.

I'm not motivated to do anything that I usually love. I'm not writing, I'm not crafting, I'm not cooking, I'm not doing anything. I can't put my finger on why. If I could pinpoint it, I'd see what I could do to remedy the situation and get my life back.

I'm very hesitant to self-diagnose this as depression, or anything more serious than a slump. I don't have a medial degree or any sort of qualifications to call it one way or the other, but I feel like from what experience I do have with depression (several family members and friends have professional diagnosis) I don't feel like this qualifies. I don't know what it is, but I feel confident I know what it isn't.

Has anyone else experienced this? How did you get yourself out?

I know what I want. I know what I need to do to get there. I just can't get myself to do it.

Eat better. Get moving.

It's not hard.

Why can't I do it?

What's wrong with me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, a Fat Nerd steps onto a scale...

I done did it, y'all. I got my scale out this morning. I can't say that I'm surprised, but I can say that I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Two hundred and freaking forty six pounds. It was a bit of a gut punch. I'm not happy. I know that I have lost weight since our move. I can see it in the mirror. I can tell by the way my clothes fit. But, as it stands this morning I have an official number. 246 Gross. Have I been heavier? Yes. Earlier this year. Have I (as an adult) been lighter? Yes... also earlier this year. Was I heavier when I got my ass in gear a few months ago? Yes. Can I do better? Also, yes. Am I going to be better? HELL YES!!! It's easy to pick a start date that is "later." You screw up on your new diet on Wednesday and decide to start over on Monday, or the first of the month, or the first of the year. Well, guess what? The first of the year is tomorrow. I'm not giving myself "one last night...

Apple Cider Vinegar- Week 1

I did not go into this ACV experiment looking for a miracle drink. I was hoping for something to help me on my journey. There's not a big difference to report, but it's only been one week. I've also gotten my butt in gear in other aspects so I can't give ACV the sole credit for what I've found, but it very well may be part of it. Here's this week's break down. The routine: 1Tbs ACV, 1 Tbs lemon juice, generous squirt of honey and 12 oz water drunk twice daily. It's the first thing I drink when I wake up and I drink a second glass right after dinner. 1- Weight loss of one pound. That's more than I've managed to drop in a single week for a month now, so that's good. 2- Noticeable reduction of mucus. I'm that nerdy Daniel Jackson type who is always sneezing and blowing my nose.... not this week! I've had these types of results with lemon juice before so I'm 99% sure this is due to the drink. 3- Noticeable lack of craving...

Kickboxing Class Number 1 Review

Last night was my first kickboxing class at my local ilovekickboxing.com studio. My legs hurt today in all the best ways. I adored class and you better believe I signed up for a one-year membership before I left the studio. The one downside is the price of membership and how the company tends to keep it under wraps for the most part. When I sighed up for their internet special (5 Classes for $19.99 plus a pair of boxing gloves) I started scouting their website to check membership pricing. They are up front about the “After your first class we’ll show you how to save $100 on membership!”- so you know after class it’s time for the hard sell, but it’s not advertised on their website what you’re saving $100 on. I did some digging and googling and found the structure of membership. Being armed with that info when I went in and having time to discuss the membership costs with my husband beforehand, I was comfortable with the hard sell approach and there was no sticker shock. Here’...